The SQA Advanced Diploma in Computer Science is designed to equip candidates with the knowledge, understanding and skills required for success in current and future employment or for progression to further academic and/or professional qualifications.
• Developing Software: Introduction
• Software Development: Programming Foundations
• Team Working in Computing
• Troubleshooting Computing Problems
• Mathematics for Computing 1
• Professionalism and Ethics in Computing
• Relational Database Management Systems
• Systems Development: Object Oriented Analysis and Design
• Data Science
• Computing: Graded Unit 1 (Exam)
• Software Development: Object Oriented Programming
• Project Management for IT
• Software Development: Developing Small Scale Standalone Applications
• Programming for Data
• Managing a Web Server
• Software Development: Developing Websites for Multiplatform Use
• Machine Learning
• Self Describing Data(XML)
• Computer Science: Graded Unit 2 (Project)
- Students to hold a minimum of 55 % aggregate in CBSE Grade X/ Cambridge “O” level/equivalent (Preferred Subjects – Science and Maths/ Technical Subjects).
- Successful completion of a relevant UAE equivalent National Certification of 6 or above.
- Applicants who do not meet these criteria but have relevant experience or alternative qualifications will be considered.
Articulation arrangements exist between a number of Scottish, UK and international universities where SQA Advanced Certificates and Diplomas will be accepted as advanced entry to either the second or third year of a related degree programme. Depending on the specific degree programme, certain units may be required as part of the SQA Advanced Certificate/Diploma. A high proportion of our candidates have articulated to degree programmes and successfully completed them.