About the Course:
The SQA advanced diploma in Engineering Systems with focus on sustainable and renewable energy provides students with a wide range of knowledge and skills required for various engineering fields like aerospace, power electronics, automotive, electrical energy generation, green energy, renewable energy and many more.
The high quality curriculum with state of the art laboratories is integrated with project and internship based learning and this attempt has resulted in high levels of problem solving skills in students. The passionate involvement of highly experienced faculty has aided students to explore newer domains of learning.
The objective of this qualification is to allow learners a degree of specialization within one or more of the following areas: electronics, electrical engineering, mechatronics, mechanical engineering, manufacturing engineering, fabrication, welding, petroleum, etc. In addition, the students will also be trained on Siemens SMSCP certification, which is a highly acclaimed certification from Siemens, Germany. The course not only enhances the technical knowledge it also develops organizational skills including project planning, maintenance strategies, methods of design and analysis, leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Communication: Practical Skills
- Business Awareness and Continuing Professional Development
- Engineering Mathematics 1
- Design for Manufacture
- Principles of Engineering Systems
- Engineering Communication
- Engineering systems interfaced with programmable logic controllers
- Fundamentals of Control systems and transducers
- Safety Engineering and the Environment
- Inspection and testing of low voltage electrical installations
- Energy Overview
- Renewable Energy Systems: Technology
- Electronics: Graded Unit 1 (Examination)
- Principles of Safe Engineering Systems
- Project Management: Managing the Implementation of a Project
- Engineering Measurement and System Monitoring
- Engineering Systems Analysis: System Modelling and Control
- Engineering Practical Skills
- Engineering Mathematics 2
- Industrial Systems
- Robotic Systems
- Transmission lines and complex waves
- Power Supply Circuits
- Energy Technologies
- Electronics: Graded Unit 2 (Practical Project)
- Students to hold a minimum of 55 % aggregate in CBSE Grade X/ Cambridge “O” level/equivalent (Preferred Subjects – Science and Mathematics/ Technical Subjects).
- Successful completion of a relevant UAE equivalent National Certification of 6 or above.
- Applicants who do not meet these criteria, but have relevant experience or alternative qualifications will be considered.