Set in a global context, the SQA Advanced Diploma in Business with Accounting (SCQF level 8) develops skills and knowledge in the main aspects of international business, management and administration, with a strong focus on financial and management accounting including information and communication technology.
Typically, an SQA Advanced Diploma takes two years to complete.
SQA Advanced Diplomas have been developed by SQA in partnership with colleges, universities and industry — so employers recognise that they provide sound evidence of ability.
This SQA Advanced Diploma in Business with Accounting may allow students to progress to qualifications offered by professional accounting bodies.
The unit-based structure supports flexible delivery. A unit is typically 40 hours of timetabled learning.
- Applicants should hold a minimum 55% aggregate in CBSE Grade X / Cambridge O’level / equivalent
- An equivalent of the Scottish NQ in Finance and Business qualification
- Applicants who do not meet this criteria, but have relevant experience or alternative qualifications will be considered
SQA Advanced Diploma in Business with Accounting is suitable for a wide range of candidates including:
- School leavers
- Adult returners to education
- Individuals in employment who wish to enhance their career prospects
- People who wish to start their own business
The SQA Advanced Diploma in Business with Accounting may allow students to progress to qualifications offered by professional accounting bodies, such as the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA) and the Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA).
Also we provide candidates an opportunity to progress to further academic and professional qualifications of University of Stirling in the same campus prior to taking up a corporate position.