Assistant Professor / Lecturer – Business Accounting
The interviews are expected to take place on August 2021.
Years of experience: 02-03 years of UAE experience
To plan, prepare and teach strong lessons for the classroom which enthuse and inspire students, and promote enjoyment of learning. To effectively use a variety of learning styles, having regard to the individual learning needs of students. To select and sequence appropriate materials, resources and approaches according to the course type and learners. To assess, track and provide relevant and timely feedback on achievement, progress and developmental needs to students, academic and other managers/colleagues, including student records. To adhere to all statutory regulations and to SQA policies and procedures. To adhere to the standards and procedures detailed in the Staff Handbook. To carry out formative and summative assessments as appropriate.
- To assess, track, plan, deliver art instruction in didactic and provide relevant and timely feedback on achievement, progress and developmental needs to students, academic and other managers/colleagues, including student records.
- To write half-termly reports on students with clear formative comments and targets as to how to improve work, by deadlines given, and provide regular estimated grades and feedback on tests as required. Maintain effective records of lessons, grades awarded and marks given in class. Ensure accurate attendance records are kept for every lesson.
- To set, evaluate, and mark students’ course work, homework and other assignments promptly, and to record marks on College systems as requested, in accordance with the College Assessment and Marking Policy and procedures.
- To complete associated and administrative tasks to deadlines, as directed
- To induct students appropriately, to provide academic advice, counseling, educational guidance, and tutorial support to students, including individual learning plans as directed.
- To attend academic, departmental and College meetings when required, and attend/deliver sessions as directed.
- Proctor exams prepare SQA exemplars for the respective Units assigned.
- Ensuring all the assessments and exemplars are approved by the Internal Verifier and Program Director.
- Good in British English / African English speaking, reading, writing. Multi language proficiency preferred.
- Familiarity with college and university programs, majors, academic processes, etc.
- Excellent active listening, verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrates good critical thinking skills to understand student and staff issues
- Can suggest and where appropriate implement solutions appropriate to student and staff situations.
- Gathers facts and analyses situations in an objective, accurate and organized fashion
- Understands College goals and direction and brings these to bear in teaching.
Please note that given the need for flexibility to meet the changing requirements of the centre, the duties and location of this post and the role of the post-holder may be changed after consultation. The balance of duties may vary over time and will be reviewed as part of the appraisal process.
The post holder should actively follow company policies and procedures aligned with the SQA Centre guidelines.