About the Course:
With rapid development in artificial intelligence (AI) and robotics technology, automation is at a tipping point. Today, robots can perform a variety of functions without considerable human intervention. Automated technologies are not only executing iterative tasks, but also expand workforce capabilities significantly. Multiple industries, ranging from manufacturing, logistics, infrastructure, hospitality to banking, are adopting automation to drive productivity, safety, profitability, and quality.
Automation will strengthen connectivity and reliability in a competitive ecosystem. The future of automation looks promising where everything will be made accessible and easily available.
To automate the processes being carried out, there is and there will always be the demand for the Automation Engineers. With the advent of technologies such as control systems, data analytics, artificial intelligence, machine learning and robotics, the concept of Industrial Automation has been even more revolutionized. It is a high time where it is to get acquainted with these emerging technologies. A person equipped with the skills of such emerging technologies will surely have an upper edge in the competition and will be open to many opportunities in the market.
The PDA in Industrial Automation is offered as an ad-on to regular Advanced Diplomas, in Mechanical Engineering, Electronics Engineering and Engineering Systems to aspirant candidates, which will empower the stakeholders with skills which will open up more employment opportunities and career prospects. In addition, this PDA in industrial automation is also offered to working professionals for upskilling and reskilling their abilities, which will be pathway for their professional progression.
- Computer Programming
- Applications of Programmable Logic Controllers
- Engineering Systems Interfaced with Programmable Logic Controllers
- Robotic Systems
- Artificial Intelligence
Aim of the Certification:
- To develop competences required by employers across a range of employment situations.
- To develop knowledge and skills for the purpose of progression to further academic study, either before embarking on a career, or parallel to it.
- To develop skills in study, research, analysis, and improve learner’s ability to define and solve problems.
- To develop Core Skills which are capable of being transferred to any type of employment.
- To provide a range of specialized knowledge and skills in areas of Industrial Automation.
- To provide an award that, on successful completion provides learners with vocational skills within industrial automation that include:
- Computer software operation and design
- Computer software interfacing to electronic hardware
- Electrical and mechanical automated processes with computer control environments
- Programmable Logic Controller programming and interfacing devices
- To provide a flexible route to a group award through part-time or full-time study provision.