This course is designed to equip students with the knowledge, understanding and skills necessary for success in current and future employment or for the progression to further academic and / or professional qualifications.
• Developing Software: Introduction
• Software Development: Programming Foundations
• Troubleshooting Computing Problems
• Mathematics for Computing 1
• Team Working in Computing
• Computer Networking: Fundamentals
• Professionalism and Ethics in Computing
• Software Development: Developing Small Scale Standalone Applications
• Project Management for IT
• SQA Advanced Certificate in Computing: Graded Unit 1 (Exam)
- Students to hold a minimum of 55 % aggregate in CBSE Grade X/ Cambridge “O” level/equivalent (Preferred Subjects – Science and Maths/ Technical Subjects).
- Successful completion of a relevant UAE equivalent National Certification of 6 or above.
- Applicants who do not meet these criteria but have relevant experience or alternative qualifications will be considered.
Articulation arrangements exist between a number of Scottish, UK and international universities where SQA Advanced Certificates and Diplomas will be accepted as advanced entry to either the second or third year of a related degree programme. Depending on the specific degree programme, certain units may be required as part of the SQA Advanced Certificate/Diploma. A high proportion of our candidates have articulated to degree programmes and successfully completed them.