The SQA Advanced Certificate in Arts and Design is a diverse course that is focused on creative thinking and imagination, thereby progressing learners towards a dynamic career.
The objective of this programme is to provide a firm base of art and design skills, pertinent to either employment as a practicing artist or designer. This program has been designed to provide learners with a vibrant and challenging experience, which will add to their existing skills and strengths, aiding to develop their creative vision.
The SQA Advanced Certificate units provide learners with a coherent foundation of key knowledge and skills that will support their subject-specific content. The modules are tailored curricula that meet the needs of the content that are required for later specialization in preparation for higher studies in Design or Creative Media.
- Observational Drawing
- Art and Design Context
- Developmental Drawing
- Art and Design: Creative Process
- Communication: Practical Skills
- Creative Arts Project: Development
- Art and Design Project
- Portfolio Production
- Graphic Design Techniques
- Personal Development Planning
- Arts and Design: Graded Unit 1
- Development Drawing Portfolio
- Art and Design: Advanced Project
- Digital Imaging
- Art & Design: Presentation
- Work Role Effectiveness (2003)
- Creative Arts Project Development
- Art & Design: Digital Media Project
- Creative Project for Artists & Designers
- Arts and Design: Digital Media Introduction
- Developing the Individual Within a Team
- Arts and Design: Personal Investigation
- Arts and Design: Cultural Identity
- Art and Design: Graded Unit 2
- Students to hold a minimum of 55 % aggregate in CBSE Grade X/ Cambridge “O” level/equivalent (Preferred Subjects – Science and Mathematics/ Technical Subjects).
- Successful completion of a relevant UAE equivalent National Certification of 6 or above.
- Applicants who do not meet these criteria but have relevant experience or alternative qualifications will be considered.