Advanced Diploma in Travel and Tourism is designed to serve employers’ needs in a broad spectrum of organizations in the domestic, inbound tourism and outbound travel industry, for example, tour operations, visitor servicing, tourism development, marketing, customer service, retail and business travel agents, airlines airports and cruise operations.
• Communication: Business Communication
• Preparation for Employment in Travel & Toursim
• Economic Issues: An Introduction
• Creating a Culture of Customer Care
• Behavioural Skills for Business
• Digital Marketing: Fundamentals
• Understanding and Managing Financial Resources : An Introduction
• Preparing Financial Forecasts
• Influences on the Travel and Tourism Industry
• Developing Entrepreneurial Skills
• International Marketing: An Introduction
• Travel and Tourism : Graded Unit 1
• Business Culture and Strategy
• Work Placement
• International Tourist Destinations
• Management: Managing and Working with People
• Continuous Workforce Development
• Hospitality : Financial Control Systems
• Tour Operations
• Planning and Sustainable Development in Tourism
• Marketing Planning in Travel & Tourism
• Travel and Tourism : Graded Unit 2
- Students to hold a minimum of 55 % aggregate in CBSE Grade X/ Cambridge “O” level/equivalent (Preferred Subjects – Science and Maths/ Technical Subjects).
- Successful completion of a relevant UAE equivalent National Certification of 6 or above.
- Applicants who do not meet these criteria but have relevant experience or alternative qualifications will be considered.
Articulation arrangements exist between a number of Scottish, UK and international universities where SQA Advanced Certificates and Diplomas will be accepted as advanced entry to either the second or third year of a related degree programme. Depending on the specific degree programme, certain units may be required as part of the SQA Advanced Certificate/Diploma. A high proportion of our candidates have articulated to degree programmes and successfully completed them.