The SQA advanced diploma in Mechanical Engineering with focus on Industrial Automation and Robotics provides students with a wide range of knowledge and skills required for mechanical engineering relevant to mechanical, manufacture, marine, process, oil, gas, Automation, Industrial Robotics and alternative energy industries.
The high quality curriculum is integrated with project based learning and this attempt has resulted in high levels of problem solving skills in students. The passionate involvement of highly experienced faculty has aided students to explore newer domains of learning.
The objective of the program is to provide a broad understanding of mechanical engineering technologies, with focus on Industrial Automation and Robotics enabling students to progress towards employment opportunities. In addition, the students will also be trained on Siemens SMSCP certification, which is a highly acclaimed certification from Siemens, Germany. The course not only enhances the technical knowledge it also develops organizational skills including project planning, maintenance strategies, methods of design and analysis, leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Communication: Practical Skills
- Engineering Mathematics 1
- Data Security
- Engineering Principles
- Engineering Drawing
- Quality Management: An Introduction
- Materials Selection
- Engineering Skills
- Statics and Strength of Materials
- Engineering Mathematics 2
- Industrial Systems
- Information Technology: Applications Software 1
- Business Awareness and Continuing Professional Development
- Pneumatics and Hydraulics
- Plant Systems
- Heat Transfer and Fluid Mechanics
- Strength of Materials: Advanced
- Application of Programmable Logic Controllers
- Applied Industrial Plant Maintenance
- Fundamentals of Control Systems and Transducers
- Robotic Systems
- Mechanical Engineering: Graded Unit 2 Project
- Students to hold a minimum of 55 % aggregate in CBSE Grade X/ Cambridge “O” level/equivalent (Preferred Subjects – Science and Mathematics/ Technical Subjects).
- Successful completion of a relevant UAE equivalent National Certification of 6 or above.
- Applicants who do not meet these criteria, but have relevant experience or alternative qualifications will be considered.